DIY rose water packs for skin
Rose water is a solution that consists of rose essence and fragrances. Generally, a bottle of rose water consists of 10-15% rose essential oil, but it can also depend on the brand. Along with culinary and medicinal uses, rose water has also been used in several skincare remedies and products. For example, pour some water into a spray bottle, and you can use it as a facemist.
Benefits of rose water for the skin:
Rosewater is suitable for almost every skin and is a natural remedy for various skin issues.
Soothes skin irritation:
One of the greatest benefits of rose water is its anti-inflammatory ingredient. Rose water helps treat multiple ailments like redness, rashes, and eczema, and it helps soothe irritation.
Soothes sore throat:
Rose water can be considered a natural antibiotic to treat sore throat. Some studies say that rose water is a relaxant for muscles and throats. Though it might take some time to show results, there are no side effects on your health. You can add a few drops of rose water to a hot beverage. It will ease lung stress, open airways, and calm your sore throat.
Rose water consists of antioxidant properties that help combat free radicals. As a result, rose water limits the radical oxidation in the skin, reduces cell damage and cleanses dirt and oil.
Rose water hydrates your skin and balances your skin pH. It rejuvenates your skin inside out and causes minimal irritation. Apply regularly before sleeping to get effective results.
Rose water is also an anti-microbial agent that kills harmful bacteria in your skin pores and reduces acne. Rose water also reduces sebum production and prevents excess oil secretion on the skin.
With coconut oil:
- 3 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of rose water
- Mix both the ingredients.
- Massage the pack in a circular motion on your face and neck for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water and pat to dry.
This face mask helps hydrate your skin. Also, coconut oil contains lauric acid, a great moisturizing agent; it nourishes your skin and healthy fats. In addition, it repairs the damaged skin cell and gives back your old natural glow.
Aloe and rose water face pack:
- 1 tsp rose water and aloe vera gel
- Blend both the ingredients together and prepare a thick paste.
- Apply it evenly on your face and neck and leave it to dry.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Apply this face pack twice a week for effective results.
Both aloe vera and rose water are anti-inflammatory ingredients that soothe skin irritation. In addition, due to their anti-microbial properties, both elements kill the harmful bacteria causing acne or severe skin disease. It contains acemannan compounds which prevent fungal skin infection. This homemade face pack intensely moisturizes and hydrates your skin and stimulates wound healing.
Rejusure's Glycolic acid facemist consists of aloe vera gel and rose water that soaks the excess oil and sweat and helps your skin feel fresh throughout the day.
Rosewater toner pack:
- A bottle of rose water
- Few strands of saffron
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl and let it saturate for a while.
- Clean your face and dry.
- Apply the mixture with a cotton swab.
- Massage your face with a gentle motion.
- Follow this skin ritual at night before sleeping.
Saffron helps you get an even skin tone and a healthy glow. Rose water is a natural astringent that helps regulate sebum production and causes less oil secretion. You can also store this mixture in the refrigerator for regular use.
Fuller earth and rose water:
- -1 Tsp of Multani mitti
- -1 tsp of rose water
- Combine the elements and ensure there are no lumps.
- Apply this paste evenly to your face and neck.
- Leave it to dry for 30 minutes.
- Remove it with cold water and pat to dry.
Multani mitti is an effective way to prevent and cure acne because it absorbs excess oil and kills harmful bacteria. In addition, this homemade face pack removes blackheads, whiteheads, and dead cells and rejuvenates your skin. Also, this face pack boosts blood circulation in the skin, and the antioxidants help combat free radicals.
Sandalwood and rose water:
- 1 tsp rose water and sandalwood powder
- Prepare a paste with the ingredients.
- Gently massage it on your face in a circular motion.
- Let it settle for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Since ancient times sandalwood and rose water have contributed to the natural glow. This face pack lightens your skin tones and maintains the skin's smooth texture. This face pack can be a great exfoliator that nourishes your skin and replenishes moisture. This homemade face pack also helps reduce pigmentation.