Glycolic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) commonly used in skincare products for its exfoliating properties. It can help improve the appearance of uneven skin tone, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and improve the skin's overall texture. However, glycolic acid can also dry and irritate the skin, so it is vital to use it in moderation.
Can you use glycolic acid moisturizer in winter?
Yes, you can use glycolic acid moisturizer in the winter. Glycolic acid can be used year-round as part of a skincare routine. However, it is essential to use a moisturizer with glycolic acid in moderation and follow the instructions on the product label.
If you are using glycolic acid moisturizer in the winter, paying attention to your skin's hydration levels is essential. The dry, cold air of winter can strip moisture from the skin, so it is vital to use a moisturizer that provides the skin with adequate hydration. It is also a good idea to use a gentle, non-irritating cleanser to avoid over-exfoliating the skin.
Which moisturizer is best with glycolic acid?
If you are using glycolic acid as part of your skincare routine, it is essential to follow it with a hydrating moisturizer to help hydrate and nourish the skin. This is especially important if you are using glycolic acid on a regular basis, as it can be drying to the skin. It is also a good idea to use sunscreen during the day to protect your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays.
Can I use glycolic acid moisturizer everyday?
Glycolic acid is safe to use everyday. It is gentle on sensitive skin and ideal to include in your winter skincare regime. If you hesitate to use it directly on your skin, you can go for products containing glycolic acid, like Rejusure's neck firming cream. You can also use this sulphate-free moisturizer on the face. It smoothens and tightens your saggy skin and keeps winter dryness at bay.
New Year Makeup Looks:
The Glitter Girl:
- Wash or apply face mist and dab a cotton cloth.
- Set your base with some glycolic acid moisturizer.
- Dab some liquid foundation, followed by a highlighter on your nose and cheekbones.
- Prime the eyelids with an eye shadow primer.
- Choose a shimmery eye shadow base and start filling the lids.
- Dab some glitters on the flat surface of your eyelid. (Recommended colour: golden, grey, black)
- Remove the excess glitter by gently pressing a piece of tape.
- Apply a single and thin eyeliner coat on your upper eyelids.
- Use voluminous mascara on your upper and lower lashes if you are not attaching any fake eyelashes.
- Choose a darker lip shade if you are going for a late-night party. (Recommended: maroon, brown)
- Use a lip balm to nourish your lips.
- Draw the outline with a red liner and fill in the lips; you can go a little extra with the lipstick.
The BTS Fan:
- Massage your face with a glycolic moisturizer.
- Apply a liquid foundation to set the base; ensure to keep the look natural.
- Finish the base with an illuminating powder; ensure to keep a very minimalistic approach for the look.
- Dab a pink or a red shaded tint on your cheekbones to get that glowy rosy cheeks.
- Apply a purple eyeliner colour to your entire lid and blend. (Use a stick instead of a liquid liner).
- Time to fill the creases, apply a deep purple eyeshadow and apply to the upper creases.
- For the inner corners, use a lighter shade of purple to create a lilac look.
- Line your waterline with purple eyeliner.
- Finish the look with a thin coat of mascara.
- Exfoliate your lips with a scrub.
- Apply a clear non-flavoured lip balm.
- Conceal your lips for a natural look.
- Line your lips with a darker nude lip liner.
- Choose a nude lip shade matching your skin tone and fill the gaps. You can apply a double coat if you want darker lips, but we recommend simple lip makeup with the look.
The Natural Diva:
- Moisturize your face with a thick glycolic acid cream.
- Start the base with an illuminating primer on your face and neck.
- Use a light foundation on your face and neck. (Recommended shade: beige)
- Apply a brown contour stick and blend with a brush to give structures and dimensions to your face.
- If you have a chubby face, apply some concealer to the high plains of your face.
- Highlight your T-zone and cheekbones and damp with a beauty sponge.
- Set the makeup with a loose powder.
- Apply some bronzer on your T zone and cheekbones.
- Apply some highlighter on brow bones and inner creases.
- Use a deep brown eye shade or a bronzer on the outer corner.
- Fill the rest of the lid with a shimmery golden eye shade.
- If you want the extra spark, use a loose pigment.
- Apply the upper waterline with a thin kohl line.
- Add a voluminous mascara and curl your lashes.
- Scrub your lips.
- Use a lip balm to soften the lips.
- Use a light berry-shaded lip liner and fill your lips with the same shade.