Aloe vera gel is a leaf pulp from the parenchymal tissue of the Aloe vera plant. It consists of carbohydrate polymers, such as peptic acid, several vitamins and essential amino acids, and organic and inorganic compounds. Aloe vera gel has provided many skin benefits since the Ayurvedic era. It is an anti-inflammatory and cooling agent that helps combat skin infections and redness. If you are using skin products that consist of aloe vera gel, make sure it is a paraben and chemical-free product, like Rejusure's Retinol 2.5% Moisturizer. It consists of the goodness of shea butter, aloe vera, and retinol that enhance your collagen production and increases blood circulation on the skin.
Homemade face masks with aloe vera gel for face:
Aloe vera and honey mask:
Honey helps to soothe our skin, making it a perfect addition to the aloe vera mask. Honey also consists of anti-bacterial properties that combat skin infections. Adding 1-2 teaspoons of honey with your aloe vera gel mask can help soothe your skin, reduce redness and inflammation, and moisturise the skin. Just ensure that the ratio of honey and aloe vera gel has to be 1:2; otherwise, the mask will feel sticky. If honey is not your forte, you can alternate this with another soothing ingredient, oatmeal.
Aloe gel and Apple cider vinegar mask:
This combo works as one of the DIY gentle exfoliators. Aloe vera gel is a great exfoliator. It contains beta-hydroxy and salicylic acid, which helps unclog the dirty skin pores and helps exfoliate your skin. Also, apple cider vinegar is an anti-inflammatory ingredient that helps reduce skin irritation and redness. And if you are allergic to apple cider vinegar, you can also use some sugar and coffee grounds that help gently remove debris and repair the cell damage. Especially in summer, aloe vera gel can be a secret weapon for a natural glow.
Aloe and turmeric face mask:
This mask is a special ingredient for skin brightening. This DIY face mask helps treat uneven skin tone and also reduces hyperpigmentation. Turmeric consists of Curcumin, which makes this spice an anti-septic ingredient. Along with a plethora of skin benefits, turmeric also benefits our overall health. It kills the acne-causing bacteria, destroys free radicals, and reduces dark spots. Turmeric and aloe vera gel mask is also a natural remedy for any minor cut or injury; since ancient Ayurvedic times, it has been used to treat cuts and wounds. If turmeric is unavailable, you can replace it with citrus fruit like lemon or orange because it is enriched with Vitamin C.
Aloe vera gel and coconut oil mask:
Another convenient ingredient in most Indian kitchens is coconut oil. From cooking to hot oil massage, coconut oil has been spreading its footprints since ancient civilization. In addition, coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that repairs flaky, dry, and damaged skin. The coconut oil and aloe vera mask is a natural treatment for skin eczema. Also, coconut oil and aloe vera gel help your skin stay hydrated, especially in summer. Olive oil can also be a suitable replacement if you are allergic to coconut oil. Also, coconut oil can sometimes lead to acne breakouts, so be careful before using it.
Aloe vera and yoghurt mask:
This facemask is a powerhouse of probiotics. It is believed that probiotics -enriched products are only good for gut health, but it also benefits your skin. This facemask is a hydration boost for your skin, which helps heal acne, pimple, or any skin breakouts.
Homemade Aloe vera gel for hair:
Castor oil and Aloe vera mask:
- 2 -3 tsp of castor oil
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel
- 2 tsp of fenugreek powder
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Start applying the mixture from the end of your hair roots
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and keep the mask overnight
- Wash it off in the morning with shampoo and lukewarm water
- Promotes hair growth
- Moisturizes hair strands
- Consists of anti-fungal and antibacterial properties
- Provides healthy and shiny hair
- Controls greasy hair
Hibiscus and aloe vera mask:
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel
- 2 tsp of hibiscus flower paste
- Mix both the ingredients.
- Apply it all over your head, especially on the ends.
- Massage it well and keep it overnight.
- Shampoo on the following day.
- Prevents split ends
- Provide thick, smooth, and shiny hair
- Treats itchy scalp
- Protects hair from UV rays
- Prevents baldness
- Helps treat dandruff
- Prevents premature ageing of the hair
- Deep condition of hair
Egg and aloe vera mask:
- 1 tsp of aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp of garlic juice
- 1 egg yolk
- Blend the ingredients and apply them to your scalp.
- Wrap up your hair in a warm towel and steam your hair.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes, and wash your hair with shampoo.
- Apply some serum afterwards.
- Strengthens your hair
- Less prone to breakage and shedding
- Prevents dry and damaged hair
- A natural moisturizer
- Prevents hair loss
Tea tree oil and aloe vera mask:
- 2 tsp of rose water
- 1 cup of aloe vera gel
- A few drops of tea tree oil
- Combine all the ingredients and apply the paste on your scalp.
- Wash off after 30 minutes.
- Prevents dandruff
- Eliminates foul odour
- Prevents dead skin and chemical buildup
- Boosts hair growth
- Treats head lice