DIY Night Creams to treat Hyperpigmentation
Hyperpigmentation is a black, brown or pink patch due to increased melanin production in your body. There are several factors that can trigger melanin production, like sun exposure, hormonal balance, inflammation, ageing or skin injuries. Night creams are one of the most natural ways to treat this skin condition. You can make DIY night creams or use any plant-based toxin-free pigmentation cream for your face, like Rejusure's 2.5% Retinol moisturizer. This hyperpigmentation cream combats visible signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles and boosts collagen production.
DIY night creams for hyperpigmentation:
1) Cocoa butter cream:
One of the most effective and best creams for hyperpigmentation.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cocoa butter
- Mix the ingredients together and make a fine paste.
- Store it in an air-tight container; the shelf-life can be upto 5-6 days.
- After washing your face, apply this cream before bedtime.
- Wash it off every morning.
- Olive oil contains a lot of antioxidants; it keeps your skin supple and hydrated.
- Cocoa butter deeply moisturizes your skin.
- Coconut oil protects your skin from oxidative damage.
- This night cream is suitable for people who have sensitive skin.
2) Green tea:
It is a natural hyperpigmentation cream and regulates excess sebum secretion.
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 1 tsp green tea extract
- 2 tsp rose water
- Heat the beeswax in the double boiler until it melts.
- Remove the mixture from the boiler and add the green tea extract.
- Add the rosewater and stir the mixture.
- Let it cool down and store it in a container for at least 6 days.
- Green tea is an antioxidant.
- Protects your skin from radical damage
- Inhibits excess oil production and keeps oily skin at bay
- Rose water soothes skin inflammation and helps maintain pH balance.
- Beeswax contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and protects your skin from environmental aggregators.
3) Aloe vera moisturizer:
Aloe vera is one of the most omnipresent ingredients. This ingredient has the solution for all your skin problems, from removing dark spots to reducing inflammation.
- 2 tsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp vitamin E oil
- 5 drops of tea tree oil
- Mix the ingredients and store it in an air-tight container for 5 days.
- Wash your face and pat to dry.
- Apply the cream and massage it with the fingertips for 5 minutes.
- Aloe vera is a natural anti-septic, anti-bacterial ingredient; it protects the skin against redness and inflammation
- A natural pigmentation removal cream, due to aloe vera’s depigmenting agent.
- It hydrates your skin and neutralizes free radical damage.
- Vitamin E and tea tree oil help fade acne scars and dark spots.
A great addition to people who hustle with their sensitive skin. For this DIY cream, we recommend you use green apples. An apple a day keeps the doctor away and hyperpigmentation at bay.
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp almond oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Grind the apple to a smooth paste.
- Mix the other ingredients and stir the mixture.
- Store it in an air-tight container for 7 days.
- Moisturize your skin with it before sleeping.
- Apples contain vitamin A, B, and C and contain healing properties.
- Keeps acne and pimples at bay
- The presence of malic acid gently exfoliates your skin.
- Rose water maintains pH balance.
- Almond and olive oil nourish skin pores.
This probiotic-enriched ingredient is a natural skin brightener. From gut to skin health, yoghurt has got it all covered for you. You can combine it with simple kitchen ingredients like turmeric or besan to get radiant skin. Also, this night cream is an excellent home remedy for dark spots and acne scars.
- 4 tsp yoghurt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp sandalwood powder
- 7 almonds
- Soak the almonds overnight.
- After peeling them in the morning, grind them to make a smooth paste.
- Mix other ingredients with the almond paste and stir until it becomes smooth.
- Store it in an air-tight container for 5 days.
- The lactic acid in yoghurt fades pigmentation and brightens your skin.
- Moisturizing properties in almonds protect your skin from free radical damage.
- Curcumin in turmeric promotes skin healing.
- Sandalwood soothes your skin.
6) Orange (Anti-ageing night cream):
Though we are only focusing on night creams for hyperpigmentation, this DIY cream helps reduce premature skin ageing.
- 2 orange peels
- 2 tsp of petroleum jelly
- 1 tsp glycerin
- You can store this for 2 weeks.
- Orange, rich in Vitamin C, fades pigmentation and brightens your skin tone.
- It helps cleanse acne scars.
- Glycerin locks moisture on the skin.
7) Almond oil:
One of the most natural DIY night creams for radiant and youthful skin.
- 1 tsp glycerin
- 1 tsp almond oil
- 1 tsp frozen coconut oil
- 1 tsp Vitamin E capsule
- Mix the ingredients and stir until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- You can store this cream in an airtight jar for at least 5 days.
- Apply this cream before sleeping and massage for 2 minutes.
- The antibacterial properties in coconut oil protect your skin from pollutants and deeply moisturize your skin.
- Glycerin and almond oil hydrate your skin.
- Vitamin E helps fade scars and pigmentation.